JL/JT Apex Front Axle Truss – A new era has begun with the arrival of the Apex truss! Artec Industries is proud to announce the next generation of patent pending axle trusses. This series of trusses not only builds on our experience as the world leader in axle truss design, it brings it to a whole new level of cost savings, strength, weight savings, simplicity of installation, precision fitment, and complete axle protection never before seen in the industry.
The key feature that sets the Apex truss apart is its unique peaked shape top which provides extra rigidity to the whole truss while allowing both a reduction in weight (vs using a thicker material top) and eliminating long weld seams. Previous version with long weld seams which can be lead to extra weld warping of the axle, longer install times and can be inconsistent. This peaked structure not only applies to the axle tube between the coil perches but extends underneath the coil perches as well, forming a complete truss from end to end of axle, an industry first in an OEM axle application.
The JL Apex Front Axle Truss is based off of a JK Apex Truss that was secretly tested for over a year proving that even though the truss is lighter weight, the peaked structure of the truss holds up to both extreme applications and daily driving. The new JL Apex Front Axle Truss is the epitome of low cost, easy and quick to weld, simple, strong, and complete solutions for making your factory Jeep axle take more abuse than originally intended. You want easy insurance for your axle? The JL Apex Truss provides it.
JL/JT Front LCA Skids – These heavy duty skids are designed to take serious abuse and reinforce your JL front axle lower control arm brackets. The 1/4 inch thick precision cut and formed components of this setup mean they’ll install easily and protect your brackets and lower control arms.
JL/JT Inner C Gussets – These heavy duty inner C gussets are designed to take serious abuse and reinforce your front Dana 30 or 44 JL or JT Inner C’s. The 3/16 inch thick precision cut and formed components precisely contour and wrap around your inner c and add rigidity.
(Optional) JL shield – The new Jeep JL front axle now includes a new Center Axle Disconnect (CAD or Front Axle Disconnect FAD) system for improved fuel efficiency. This new inclusion on the axle features a very thin sheetmetal skid plate from the factory which is prone to bending and denting, not to mention being a rock magnet itself. Artec Industries is the first company to address this vulnerable part.
Our new JL shield is constructed from heavy duty 1/4 inch thick steel…twice the thickness of the OEM skid plate. The new design also uses countersunk flat head bolts for improved smoothness on the bottom…meaning you’ll have less edges to catch on rocks. To improve the smoothness, we’ve eliminated unnecessary edges and extended the leading edge to the front of the axle and included an angled flange to protect the axle and allow rocks to glide under. The JL shield is fully welded and hard powdercoated for direct bolt-on installation and a long life.
- Patent pending Apex truss peaked top design provides more rigidity than a flat top truss design
- Truss is CNC Precision Laser cut in-house from 1/8 inch mild steel for a lightweight yet strong solution…only 6 lbs
- Truss is CNC Precision Bent in-house for a great fitment. Literally drop the truss in place on the axle and it’s ready to weld. No puzzle piece assembling
- Designed used 3D models directly from Dana Corp and Jeep for not only an amazing fit but clearances with surrounding components
- 70 percent less welding needed than previous truss designs means less warping, faster turnaround, and lower costs
- All long seams are bent so you don’t need to spend time welding them together
- Apex design continues under the OEM coil buckets for complete end-to-end axle reinforcement…an industry first
- Dimpled holes provide not only weight reduction but rigidity and strength
- Contours both the cast steel differential and FAD (front axle disconnect) and can be welded with normal MIG welder and moderate pre-heating and post-heating
- Provides worry-free wheeling of up to 40 inch tires on stock JL axles
- Bridges the Front Axle Disconnect (FAD/CAD) which has shown to be one of the weakest sections of the front axle
- Low Profile Design doesn’t go over differential and allows usage in vehicles with only slight lift
- Front LCA Skids and Optional JL Shield made from 1/4 inch steel
- Inner C Gussets made from 3/16 inch steel
- Fits Jeep JL/JT Rubicon, JT MaxTow, All International JT
- Sold As: Kit