For the past 5 years, we’ve been testing 7075 Aluminum Steering in the ARTECON to ensure that they could handle the abuse of both extreme, heavy duty rock crawling and normal daily driving. We’ve been pleased with how they’ve handled the rigorous abuse and how much weight is saved by using is compared to standard steel tubing. This is the exact steering used in our Gladiator on Superduty axles.
The Superduty Swap Aluminum Steering Kit starts with our 1.75 inch Outer Diameter, Aerospace grade 7075 Aluminum rods.
These are mated with made in America Premium Tie Rod Ends designed after those in the Ford F-450 and are the beefiest and longest lasting in the industry.
Seriously, the biggest tie rod ends we’ve ever seen. The tie rod and Drag Link ends are offset to account for the short arms on the superduty knuckles but give you great steering feel and no contact with the differential.
These are coupled with stainless steel spacers and adapters to allow you to fit it exactly to your new axle. Each link is threaded with both a Right Hand thread and a Left Hand thread at opposite ends so it is easy to adjust the length alignment.
We’ve also included wrench flats on each end of the aluminum link so you can easily tighten your jam nuts without marring the aluminum.
Included in the kit:
- 1 – RH Tie Rod End 1.25 inch Thread
- 1 – LH Tie Rod End 1.25 inch Thread
- 1 – RH Drag Link End 1.25 inch Thread (pitman arm side, JL or JK taper)
- 1 – LH Drag Link End 1.25 inch Thread (knuckle side)
- 2 – RH 1.25 inch -12 tpi Jam Nuts
- 2 – LH 1.25 inch -12 tpi Jam Nuts
- 1 – 1.75 inch OD 7075-T6 Aluminum Tie Rod Bar
- 1 – 1.75 inch OD 7075-T6 Aluminum Drag Link Bar
- 6 – Stainless Steel Spacers/washers to adapt to the Superduty knuckles and high steer arm