Big Bore XD2 Cylinder Assist Steering Kit, 2012-18 Jeep JK 3.6L Pentastar OEM Axle PSC Performance Steering ComponentsSK281
For Jeep JK enthusiasts who love to tackle the toughest trails, PSC’s all new Big Bore XD2 Cylinder Assist Steering Kits are an essential upgrade to efficiently handle increased torque loads for vehicles equipped with any combination of the following:
- 38 Inch and Larger Tire Sizes
- Upgraded Aftermarket Axles including Dynatrac, Teraflex, and Currie.
- Differential Lockers
These Cylinder Assist Steering Kits will deliver improved handling characteristics without oversteer and a familiar level of road feel without increased driver effort, making it perfect for daily driven, on-the-road use.
2012-18 Jeep JK 2 Door/4 Door 3.6L Pentastar with OEM Axle
- Increased Torque Output
- Relieves stress on steering gearbox and frame mounts
- Steering Assist Cylinder acts as a dynamic steering stablizer
- SG688R Big Bore XD2 Cylinder Assist Steering Gear Box
- High Flow Pump Kit
- Jeep JK Remote Reservoir Kit
- Upgraded High Pressure Hose Assembly
- Upgraded Return Line Kit
- Heat Sink Fluid Cooler
- SC2223 Steering Assist Cylinder
- Steering Assist Cylinder Mounting Bracket Kit
- Tie Rod Clamp (available in 1 1/4", 1 3/8", 1 1/2", 1 5/8", and 1 3/4" sizes)
- SWEPCO 715 Power Steering Fluid
- All steering assist cylinder mounting brackets easily bolt onto stock axle housings and tie rods with the use of a few hand tools.
- Positive caster increases "align torque", aka the force that straightens the steering wheel when you go forward, which improves straight line stability of the car. Due to the geometry of positive caster this will also increase negative camber gain when turning, which will enable a wider tire contact patch. The caster angle is a major contributor to directional control. An insufficient amount of positive caster angle will decrease driver effort at the steering wheel, but may make the vehicle too sensitive and "twitchy", especially as speed increases. To achieve the best on-the-road driving experience, recommended front axle caster setting is 4-7 degrees POSITIVE.