Sterling Axle Disc Brake KitR2055
The Sterling axle came in a great many Ford trucks in the 3/4 - 1 Ton range from the late 80's until the mid '90's so they are fairly easy to find. Changing from Drums brakes to disc brakes is easy, and all the parts you need to complete the conversion of your rear axle are included in this kit. In the end you will have an axle that stops better and weighs 80lbs less, sounds like a win to me! Works on 84'-94' Axle only.
Complete Kit Includes:
- 1 Pair Ford Sterling Disc Brake Brackets
- 2 Weld on Brake Line Tabs
- 2 Brake Line Clips
- 2 New Brake Calipers
- 2 Hydraulic Hoses with 10mm Banjo Bolt Fittings
- 4 New Brake Pads
- 2 New Rotors
- Rotor NAPA#4886799
- *NOTE* A Proportioning Valve is recommended, this will allow you to fine tune your front/rear stopping power bias. Your front axle should always do about 70% of the work.
- *NOTE* We have made these and used them successfully for 7 years now but something still eludes us. On some you will need to space the bracket from the mounting flange 1/8", it is not year specific, it is likely to be that they were made slightly different for 3/4 ton and 1 ton but we have not been able to identify which.
*NOTE* Don't forget to re-bleed your brakes once you've installed your new conversion kit.
*NOTE* A Proportioning Valve is recommended, this will allow you to fine tune your front/rear stopping power bias. Your front axle should always do about 70% of the work.