JL 1 Ton APEX Front Superduty Swap Kit 2005-Present w/ Currie Johnny Joints Artec IndustriesJL6552
A new era has begun with the arrival of the APEX Truss! Artec Industries is proud to announce the next generation of Patent Pending axle trusses. This series of trusses not only builds on our experience as the world leader in axle truss design, it brings it to a whole new level of cost savings, strength, weight savings, simplicity of installation, precision fitment, and complete axle protection never before seen in the industry.
The key feature that sets the APEX truss apart is its unique peaked shape top which provides extra rigidity to the whole truss while allowing both a reduction in weight (vs using a thicker material top) and eliminating long weld seams. Previous version with long weld seams which can be lead to extra weld warping of the axle, longer install times and can be inconsistent. Without long seams to weld, now you drop the truss directly on to the axle and weld it to the axle faster.
We started the Jeep 1 ton Revolution and now we're taking it to the next level. The new APEX swap kit is designed to have a simpler, faster install, with less parts and weight and lower price. We've worked hard to improve everything, from making the truss easier to weld, to less warping from welding, to optimizing the shock bracket locations and lowering the upper control arm mounts for more clearance and better geometry.
The improvements made have been suggested by our network of dealer/installers who build these kits every day. Now they are a reality. The new 1 Ton APEX Front Swap Kit delivers in every way.
This heavy duty truss and bracket system is designed to take serious abuse and reinforce your entire axle while also providing the factory link, spring, anti-sway bar, and shock locations. The 3/16 inch thick truss incorporates a unique peaked design to strengthen both the axle and incorporate the link brackets for ease of installation and added strength.
By using the truss to align the link mounts, hours of work and trial and error can be avoided when compared to other bracket systems. Simply tack weld the truss on the axle, and all the other brackets fit into place exactly where they need to be.
- JL 1 Ton APEX Front Superduty Swap Kit 2005-Present
- With Currie Johnny Joints
- Patent Pending APEX Truss peaked top design provides more rigidity than a flat top truss design
- CNC Precision Laser cut in-house from 1/4 inch and 3/16 inch mild steel for a lightweight yet strong solution...starting at only 30 lbs total
- CNC Precision Bent in-house for a great fitment. Literally drop the truss in place on the axle and it's ready to weld. No puzzle piece assembling
- Designed used 3D models directly from Ford, Jeep and In-house 3D scanning for not only an amazing fit but clearances with surrounding components
- 70 percent less welding needed than previous truss designs means less warping, faster turnaround, and lower costs
- All long seams are bent so you don't need to spend time welding them together
- Dimpled holes provide not only weight reduction but rigidity and strength
- Contours both the cast steel differential and can be welded with normal MIG welder and moderate pre-heating and post-heating
- OEM location Upper Control Arms mount to an ultra high clearance Differential Bridge that hugs the shape of the casting (bushing or Johnny Joint option)
- Truss extends under coil buckets all the way to inner C for end-to-end rigidity
- Multi-piece truss design means smaller packaging and less shipping costs along with easy installation
- Using a 1 ton axle will support larger tires and less chance of breakage in extreme conditions
- Coil brackets and bump stop pads are combined to form an axle tube truss and allows for easy installment of other brackets
- Includes all the brackets necessary for a complete axle swap including upper and lower control arm mounts, shock mounts, anti-sway bar mounts, trackbar mount, bumpstop pads and coil spring mounts.
- Heavy duty Trackbar bracket can slide to multiple positions for steering geometry fine tuning
- Shock brackets have been moved up and out (compared JK OEM position) for a slightly higher clearance for lower control arms and frame
- Overall low profile design means your axle is stronger, sleeker, easier to fit into any vehicle, and less likely to interfere with vehicle components
- The Front 60 that works with this kit is from Ford F-250 and F-350 trucks from model years 2005 and up (coil spring). This truss is not intended for newer axles due to different differential offsets.
- Trimming of the factory differential casting may be necessary (see instructions). Other fabrication and modifications may be needed due to variances in lift kits and other factors. Removal of passenger side leaf spring perch is necessary.
- Due to the larger casting on the 60 differential, the Lower Control Arm (LCA) brackets are wider than factory location (41.5 inch Center to Center). Modifications to your Lower Control Arms will likely be necessary. If you have adjustable arms with flexible style joints (heims, Johnny Joints, etc), modifications may not be necessary. Upper Control Arm (UCA) brackets are also slightly higher than factory so adjustable arms may be necessary. The shock mounts are also slightly higher (1.25 inch) than stock to clear the lower control arms.
- This kit does not include any parts for ABS sensors. It is only a bracket kit. Hooking up and configuring these sensors is the responsibility of the end user.
- 60 axles Do Not Match the factory JK 5 lug wheel bolt pattern. New wheels will need to be purchased to do this swap. Brake and Steering components Not Included in this product, but will be available soon.
- This will likely require bumpstop extensions and a new trackbar since the steering is different on this axle from factory axle. The trackbar bracket is higher than stock location to allow proper steering geometry.