The FlatLink XTV allows UTV and ATV winch owners to replace the conventional winch hook with a safer and stronger shackle/D-Ring. Winch hooks can cut and fray recovery straps and often allow strap ends to escape during typical loose/tight cycles of a winching recovery.
Screw pin shackles do not allow strap loops to escape due to the secure screw pin attachment. The FlatLink XTV does not require splicing and is compatible with steel cables or synthetic ropes up to 5/16 inches. The cable eye is retained in the FlatLink XTV by a 7/16 inch diameter titanium double shear pin and internal snap ring.
It is easily installed in minutes. The EPDM Rubber Guards protects alloy fairleads and is securely attached to the FlatLink XTV with 4 barbed tips.
The FlatLink XTV stows neatly against either roller or Hawse type fairleads and is designed to be used with common standard 1/2 – 5/8 inch shackles. Made in the USA, the FlatLink XTV is constructed of 6000 series billet aluminum and 6Al-4V titanium and is anodized/powder coated in 5 different colors. The FlatLink XTV has a max load rating of 8000 pounds and an ultimate failure of 28,000 plus pounds.
- FlatLink XTV Winch Shackle Mount Gray
- Precision machined from 6000 series aluminum and 6Al-4V titanium
- Weight – 12.7 ounces
- Max load rating: 6000 pounds
- Ultimate failure: 28,000 plus pounds
- Fits steel cables and synthetic winch ropes to 5/16 inch diameters
- EPDM Rubber Guard protects alloy fairleads and cushions line stowage
- Simple snap ring removal for shear pin
- Oval hole opening connects to the pin or bow end of 1/2 or 5/8 inch screw pin shackles/D-Rings
- Oval hole opening connects to the pin ends of 3/4 inch screw pin shackles/D-Rings
- Stops hook rattle and fairlead damage
- Color: Gray
- U.S. Utility Patent No. 9,388,025
- Foreign Patents Pending